Health/Fitness/Injury Prevention & Treatment Internships
HealthFitness has exciting opportunities for students wishing to complete their University internship requirement at a Corporate, Community or Hospital based facility. HealthFitness strives to make the intern experience unique and rewarding and to provide the opportunity to obtain focused experience in your chosen career field. An internship with HealthFitness provides students with exposure and/or experience in many, or all, of the following areas:
- Program administration
- Health promotion programming
- Fitness testing and exercise prescription
- Health and fitness motivational programming
- Group exercise class instruction
- Facility maintenance
- Data analysis & outcomes reporting
- Personal training
- Participant record keeping
- Special projects and promotions
- Health fairs and health screenings
- Junior or Senior level Bachelor's or Master's level student working towards a degree in Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Recreation, Health Education, Health Promotion or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Current CPR, First Aid and AED certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required (or will be required by start date of internship).
- Personal Training or Group Exercise certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM a plus.
- Communication skills to instruct and interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
**Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.**